Thursday, November 1, 2007

Chicken Pox!

We have chicken pox! How exciting! So I picked Keith up from school on Friday (yeah, about a week ago) and he was complaining that his tummy hurt. Being the good mom that I am, I said "You're hungry, c'mon, we have to go to the babysitters." He often complains that his stomach hurts when he doesn't want to do something, so I figured it was one of those days. So Ed picked him up and the babysitter said he wasn't looking too hot. Dontcha know, he gets home, lays on the couch for a bit, then starts throwing up. So I promptly reschedule his birthday party which was supposed to be the next day to Sunday (11/4). So all of Friday night he's sick, then Saturday we notice a couple of spots on his tummy and back. Yeah. Monday I take him to the doctor (gotta get this stuff documented, you know!) and it's official, it's chicken pox. So we're quarantined at the moment. Well, we did go trick or treating last night to a few houses, but we didn't get too close. And besides, everyone around here is vaccinated. (insert evil laugh here). So that's the fun here lately. Now we wait to see if the Hen gets it too. Cross your fingers! Oh, and the quote of the disease? "Mom, why do these chickens keep biting me???"

1 comment:

Nicole said...

LOL! Out of the mouth of babes! What a quote.