Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My local Acme is a "green" store

Acme Markets Opens "Greenest" Store in Philly

I don't know if there's also one in Philly or if the author just didn't know the difference between Glen Mills (pop. 13,909) and Philadelphia (pop. 1,448,394), but that's my Acme they're talking about there! It's a green store. The floor is sealed cement - I don't remember what's green about that but it has a plaque on the wall talking about it and why it's green, the roof is reflective, and there's quite a few other green things about it. And nifty plaques all through the store describing the green things they did. AND, they have special, right-up-by-the-door parking for carpools AND hybrid cars. I didn't know people carpooled to the grocery store, but hey, you learn something new every day! I'll post a pic of the hybrid parking only sign - I had to do a double take the first time I saw it!

No comments: