Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Henry, also known as his mother's son

So, first off, my mom sent me this email this morning saying "did you send them this?" with this link. I was reading it around 6:30am, so I was scrolling through the article thinking "who would I send this to? I *know* kids can poison themselves, I have a Henry!" and then I got about halfway through the article. Go on, read it. I'll wait.


HA! HOW FUNNY IS THAT???? I have a famous son! Either that or someone is going to call CPS on me. I certainly got a kick out of it. I guess people *do* read my blog, huh?? Anyways, so back to Henry. I had a postpartum meeting yesterday afternoon (those are after the birth when I go check in with the mom and get to ooh and aah over the baby. Fun!), so I left Ed in charge of the kids. Well, Keith wasn't home yet, so it was just the little guys. I wasn't even to the exit off of I95 when my phone ran, and I answered it to hear Ed say "Henry is definitely YOUR child." Uh oh. Henry, apparently, had one of Keith's beads - you know, the larger ones that you can string together in Kindergarten? Not the huge ones, but the ones that are, oh, about the size of a nostril? Yeah. See where I'm going with this? Henry found out just how close to the size of a nostril they are. Apparently, they're a perfect Henry nostril size. He shoved it up his nose. Fortunately, he told Ed right away. Also fortunately, Ed is handy with a pair of tweezers and got it OUT of said nose without having to take him to the Emergency Room. Exciting times, let me tell you.
Oh, and why he says he's my child? Well, apparently, I was famous as a child for sticking beads and buttons and the like up my nose.

4 comments:

Megz said...

Amy, I'm HOWLING overe here! This is hillarious!

Anita said...

AMY!! Who knew you would be famous...er um, Henry would be famous!

I have a friend whose daughter stuck a bean up her nose at school, and yep they had to have a Dr remove it......not a fun thing!

Your blog is a hoot.

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

That is too funny! If it makes you feel better, Joshua is like that too. He once drank a whole bottle of cough syrup. And ate a whole bottle of Hyland's Teething Tabs. It's hilarious that someone found your blog post about that though!!!

sonn said...

Congrats Henry on being famous!! I don't think he's so unusal though. God knows when my Amy was little I started to make up phone numbers when I called Poison Control (again and again and again) because I was sure they were going to send CPS out after me. There was the time she ate an entire stick of sunscreen. Or the entire brand new tube of baby Anbesol I had just opened, she made some pretty funny faces there. Oooh and once she ate a pre-lit (like, with lighter fluid in it) charcoal briquette. Good times, good times.

You're an awesome mom and don't ever forget it!