Saturday, January 17, 2009

I am JEALOUS!

So, as you probably know, Obama is on his train ride to the Inauguration and stopped in Wilmington, DE. He's giving a speech there. RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FRIEND'S HOUSE!!! Who gets that lucky??? Why can't *I* live on the Wilmington riverfront? And why didn't I think about making an unannounced visit to my friend's house?? I can't wait for Tuesday - it seems like it was ages ago that Obama won the presidential election. I can't wait to see what will happen once he is president.

And in other news, a plane crashed in the Hudson. Sorry, that was mean. I think the pilot of that plane has some absolutely AMAZING piloting skills. And if I was to ever fly again, I would hope that he'd be my pilot. However, that plane crash and the ensuing news coverage (you know, 500+ hours on CNN?) has thoroughly convinced me that flying is NOT the way to go. Good thing my friend already HAD her wedding in Miami, because I would NOT be flying down there this May. Nope. It took a lot of gin and tonic to get me to fly down there two years ago!

No comments: