Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Crockpot recipes!

So, it's a windy, rainy, overall crappy day today. It's cool though, and it got me thinking about the fall, and the winter, and my favorite cooking utensil, the crockpot! And, fortunately, it got someone else thinking about crockpots and they linked me to this blog. So here are some of the recipes that I'm going to try (except the first one!)...

Crock Pot Haggis Recipe - OK, first off, there is NO WAY I'm making Haggis. If you don't know what it is, don't worry - you're definitely not missing much. But you have got to read this entry about the pluck. I was almost crying I was laughing so hard!

Crock Pot Blue Cheese and Dried Cherry Meatloaf
- I'm certainly not a meatloaf fan (I hate ketchup, and apparently you must always have ketchup on top of meatloaf. Who knew?) but this actually sounds like I could eat it! Maybe because I love blue cheese!

Black Bean and Goat Cheese Little Dipper Recipe - I also love goat cheese. And dip. Enough said.

Crock Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu - can't go wrong with chicken Cordon Bleu. Trust me.

Baked Brie Crockpot Recipe - I love Brie, too. Actually, I just love most kinds of cheese. But Baked Brie is REALLY good.

Crock Pot Swiss Chard Soup - Swiss Chard is pretty good. I never had it before I made a Rachael Ray recipe which called for it (I think it was the REALLY REALLY GOOD pasta recipe - swiss chard, bacon, ricotta, lemon juice, pasta... it was good). And soup is good.

Crock Pot Blue Cheese Potato Soup with Olive Tapenade - did I mention I'm a fan of blue cheese?

Crock Pot Vietnamese Roasted Chicken Recipe - I don't know what, exactly, Vietnamese Roasted Chicken is, but it sounds good.

Crayons! - OK, we won't be eating this recipe, but it sounds like a fun thing to do. Lord knows we have some crayons around here.

Crock Pot Spinach and Feta Quiche - Yup, I like Feta, too. And spinach. And quiche.

So, there's more, but I figure this is a good enough start. Did I mention I love crockpots? And the fall?? And cheese?

1 comment:

Stephanie ODea said...

Amy, thank you so much for your kind words! I'm having a ball with this project---
I really appreciate the feedback!
xoxo
steph