Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The end of an era...

For those of you familiar with Kennett Square, I'm sure you've heard of Harrington's, right? The coffee shop? Been in Kennett for almost 13 years now? Well, I strongly suggest you go have your last cup of coffee there this week. Why, you ask? Well, it's closing.
Yes, for real.
No, I'm not kidding.
Saturday, September 27th Harrington's will be closing at 3pm for the last time. It's a bit bittersweet, because while *I* am not going to work there anymore and Adam isn't going to work there anymore and my parents aren't going to work there anymore and we're all pretty excited to not have to work at the coffee shop anymore, we're going to miss it. It's been our morning routine for EVER - Keith, Henry and now Caroline and I go and get our coffee every morning. My kids have grown up at Harrington's, and Keith seems to think that I'm kidding when I tell him it won't ever be open again after Saturday.

But I'm not. So, go and sit and enjoy a cup of 45, and buy a pound or two. Because you won't be able to after Saturday!

No comments: