Sunday, May 24, 2009

Got mint?


Really, do you? Because if you don't, I can give you some. Heck, I can give you some even if you do! I have the mint patch from hell. I spent the day today with Ed ripping mint out of the flower beds and trying to tame the mint patch. I shall have mint tea until the day I die, now, because you can't just throw mint out!

That picture is how the mint patch looks now. After, oh, gee, 5 hours of gardening. Really. FIVE HOURS of ripping mint out of the flower bed. Well, maybe 4 hours of ripping mint out, and one hour of planting the new stuff.

See that mulchy bit? Around the big flowering plant (I think its an azalea)? That was ALL MINT. ALL MINT. Oh, and some ferns. And mint. And MORE mint. Did I mention that there was a lot of mint in my flower bed?



All that? That was mint, too. But now, now it is fennel, marigolds, lobelia, dill, and lavender. And in the pots are tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and peppers. I'm going to find a new place for the pots, but it was starting to rain so I just stuck them there so I could come inside. Pretty impressive, huh?


So the mint is now drying in my mudroom. That is, oh, gee, maybe half of all the mint I pulled. Maybe. So, if you need mint, you know who to call. And you better hope you're not on my Christmas list!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mojitos!!!

Yes you have some mint!