Thursday, November 20, 2008

My luck, part 459

So, have you missed me over the past couple of days? Well, let me tell you about them. On Monday, Ed was driving to work and this deer.... no, I'm just kidding. No cars were harmed (finally) in the making of this post. Computers, however, are a different story. Tuesday I woke up, got my cup of coffee, sat down to check my email, and my computer froze. Now, I have a Mac. When I bought said Mac my brother told me, and I quote, "don't get the service plan. MACS NEVER DIE." Emphasis mine. So I think nothing of it freezing. Turn it off, wait the required 15 or so seconds, and turn it back on. And the Mac starts flashing a question mark at me. Now, I'm not a computer genius (if I was, I wouldn't have listened to my brother's computer shopping advice), but even *I* know that flashing question marks are bad news. So I called my brother. Surprise, surprise, he doesn't answer the phone (this is nothing new). So I called my dad. He was busy, but was able to bring me a laptop Tuesday night. Unfortunately, I had no clue how to get the wireless internet in my house to work. He came back Wednesday afternoon, hooked up the wireless, and took my computer to work on it and hopefully save my files on it. So I'm back, for at least a little while. Still no computer of my own, but a computer at least! And, public service announcement of the day - BACK UP YOUR FILES!!! And, remember, NOT on the hard drive like someone I know! I *DID* tell you that I'm a bit computer stupid, right?!?

2 comments:

The Good Stepwitch said...

Did you try doing a safe boot? Google Safe boot for Macs and you should find directions... it's something like starting up the computer by holding "C" down or something...

Amy Mae said...

Dad tried all sorts of stuff. He was able to get the disk that was in it out, but he can't get it to work. So I'm taking it to Christiana tonight. Please pray for my computer!!