Monday, November 3, 2008

Rest in Peace...

Back when I was finishing college, my parents bought me my first (and only!) new car. A 1998 black Honda Civic. It was beautiful, exactly what I wanted, had something like 7 miles on it when I drove it off the lot... drove me back and forth across this huge country a few times, moved with me to PA, was hit a time or two, hit a couple of things in its lifetime, but it was a good car. Sadly, I think its time of servitude may have come to an end. Last night Ed hit a deer on route 1. Being as the car is 10 years old, and it's now missing a headlight, a side mirror, half the hood and various important engine parts (power steering anyone?), I think it might be retired soon. Like as soon as the insurance company takes a look at it. So, there's our luck - two cars totalled in three months. Fortunately, Ed wasn't hurt at all. So, we DO have good luck, just in a backwards kind of way! (and guess what! I get new carseats again!!)

No comments: