Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ramblings of the day

So, I got the call from the insurance company today. Yup, the car is totalled. So as soon as Keith gets on the school bus, I'm going up to State Farm with the munchkins and picking up the check. Then when Ed gets home from work, we're going to go buy a car. Bummer - the Honda was a good little car. Old, but good. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a used Honda at the car shop! In other news, I am THRILLED with the election results. Like you couldn't have guessed from Caroline's shirt or anything! I am so excited to see what the next four years bring - I don't think it can be much worse than the last eight! And, I am so impressed that we elected a black president. Not only that, we elected a man who was raised by a single mom and his grandparents and had a white mom and a black dad. Did you ever thought you'd see this day? I remember when I was growing up that I wanted to be a fighter pilot in the Air Force (yes, I grew up in the era of Top Gun!) and my parents told me I couldn't, because girls weren't allowed to be fighter pilots. Things have certainly changed in the past twenty years! Now I feel that I can tell my children that they can be whatever they want to be - fighter pilot, president, you name it. So, thank you Mr. Obama, for proving that you CAN be whatever your heart desires!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ramble all you want!!!Sorry to hear about your old Honda. My dh drove his last Civic from 94 to 2004!!! It had over 250,000 miles on it, and didn't look nearly as good as your old one...ha ha. I hope the burden of buying a new car isnt too hard on your family.....it can suck!

President Elect Obama.......it just rolls off your tongue! It's so very exciting that we have overcome such a huge hurdle in our nation. Being here in the south I've seen some real red-neck anti- Obama comments, sadly.....
Maybe your little Caroline can be a fighter pilot or President of the United States if she wants to!!!

Megz said...

I think State Farm is going to get sick of buying new cars for you guys! But I hope you find another Honda. My '85 accord is still running like a champ for the guy we sold it to when we moved to Minnesota...that was 4.5 years ago. We decided to bring the '95 ford thinking it would last longer...it didn't even make it 6 months! Go Honda!