Thursday, November 20, 2008

Update on my luck

So, I went to the Apple store with my computer tonight, because, as my dad said, my computer was pretty fried. I'm not even going to talk about the drive, during rush hour, to get to Christiana mall. I'm sure you know how much I love Christiana mall. Anyways, so I took the computer to the Apple store. And they said...

yeah, your hard drive appears to be missing.

Where that hard drive WENT is beyond me. There appears to be some sort of hard drive graveyard around here somewhere. So I said "Can you get my files off of it?" and the nice young Apple genius dude laughed at me. Er... yeah. So he told me what they would do to fix the hard drive (that would be replace it) and he said he was going to try to reinstall the operating system which might work, might not. If it worked, woo hoo, and it would be a lot cheaper, but I would have to hang out in hell, (read: the mall) for about an hour. Cheaper is always good, so I said lets try that. And I asked if THAT worked, could we save my files.

He laughed louder.

I think he was thinking that I was NOT computer saavy and my files were long gone. So, in about a week I'll have "a brand new brain in my computer body." Hmm... sounds kind of kinky, huh?

Woo freaking hoo. But, it could have been worse. He could have laughed, then told me the only solution was to buy a new iMac.

Oh, and if anyone out there happens to have any pictures of my kids, or my business files, or, well, my checkbook register, feel free to send them to me!

No comments: