Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Black Friday!

Did you get all your shopping done? I don't understand getting up in the middle of the night to go shop at some ungodly hour of the morning, but it appears some people love it. I think I have too many years of working retail under my belt to appreciate the Black Friday chaos. We had a fun Thanksgiving yesterday - went to my parents house. Adam and his girlfriend were there too, so it was just a small group of us. I guess someone forgot to tell Grandma that, though, because she had enough food to feed a small army. Three pies for six adults??? Er, wait, Adam and the girlfriend had to leave before dessert, so make that three pies for FOUR adults. Um, yeah. We have some leftovers though, so all is good! We smoked a turkey again this year, and it worked MUCH better that the last time we smoked a turkey. I think we ate at midnight that year. Drinks can only go so far, and they don't make it to midnight. Keith made sure we said the Thanksgiving Parade, too. I guess in more religious households it is actually called the Thanksgiving PRAYER, but Keith insisted it was the Parade and I was not going to be the one to burst his bubble. So all in all it was a nice, quiet Thanksgiving - the best kind! I hope all of you had a good day, too! Now we're off to Philly to spend some time with a few of my favorite midwives and their families! Have a good holiday weekend!

Oh I forgot - the sleepover went just fine! Henry slept like a baby. You know, the babies in movies who actually SLEEP!

No comments: