Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Business of Being Born

I thought I had posted about this, but all I can find is a mention of the screening that the Birth Fund put on back in November. So, I guess I DIDN'T really post about it! Go figure. Anyways. If you're pregnant, thinking about becoming pregnant, have a wife/girlfriend/daughter who is pregnant, you need to watch this movie. It's the documentary by Ricki Lake which just came out on DVD not too long ago. If you're in the area, I know someone you could borrow it from (hint hint). Or, if you are one of the unfortunate people who do not have a Mac, you can watch it on demand or whatever they call it on Netflix. Or add it to your Netflix queue. Anyways, my point is, WATCH IT!!!! It's not just a movie trying to convince people to have their babies at home. It's a movie about the sad state of maternity care in the US. And trust me, it is one sad state.

No comments: